Habitat Upper Keys
Apply For Homeownership
We believe that everyone deserves a decent, affordable place to call home. Our Habitat homeowners partner with us to build a better home and future for themselves and their families.
Through volunteer labor and tax-deductible monetary donations and in-kind material donations, HfHUK builds affordable housing with the help of the homeowner (partner) families. Habitat homes are then sold to partner families at no profit, financed with affordable, no-interest loans.
There are three essential components of becoming a Habitat homeowner: need for housing, willingness to partner, and ability to pay. Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Housing Opportunity provider. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Qualifying applicants for the Homeownership Program must meet the following eligibility requirements.
You must qualify for a housing need with one or more of the following:
- overcrowding in your home
- unsafe or unsanitary conditions
- rent is too high
- You must be a first-time home buyer
- You must be a US citizen or a legal permanent resident
- You must live or work in Monroe County for at least 12 consecutive months
- You must qualify as a low-income household, based on Monroe County Income Guidelines found here.